One Small Step for Man, One Giant Leap for Mankind



I hate to be a spoilsport, but is anybody else as ready to scream as I am if I hear this phrase one more time? (Oh, the BBC just did it again--aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!)

If NASA really wants to impress us, perhaps they could come up with a Space Shuttle that does not endanger the lives of its astronauts every time it is launched (falling debris again this time), and oh, how about putting a woman on the moon? "One small step for woman, one giant leap for womankind." I wouldn't mind hearing that for the next 40 years if I didn't have to hear about the guy ever again.

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. What are blogs for if not for bloviating and ventilating? (um, I mean, democratically expressing our viewpoints as citizens.)

Credit & Copyright: Stefan Seip

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Anonymous said…
As a side note, I hope some are noting that Neil Armstrong's supposedly botched delivery has been re-examined in recent years...

Looks like he did say "small step for A man"

"Armstrong 'got Moon quote right'"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5398560.stm
Anne Gilbert said…
I guess I don't really mind the "one small step for man", stuff too much. That first landing was quite an accomplishment, in its day!

Oh, and that picture accompanying the story was absolutely marvelous! I collect them and use them as wallpaper at times.
Anne G