What, me worry about Pakistan's nukes?

Let's see, "militants" can invade the Pakistan Army headquarters and take dozens of hostages, but no need to worry about the security of Pakistan's nukes, right? At least that's what Hillary Clinton is telling us. How does she know?

I guess anything that would be a distraction from Iran's nuclear program--which the C.I.A. still insists is not a nuclear weapons program--is just not something that we should worry our little heads about.

As I have said before, let's worry first about the nations that have not signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, like Pakistan, India, Israel, and North Korea, before we worry about nations like Iran that have. And someone remind me just why Israel has not signed the treaty? Did God give the Chosen People an exemption? (and before you call me an anti-Semite, remember that I am Jewish.)

Update: I turns out that the police had warned the Army a raid was being planned, according to the New York Times. Yup, really inspires confidence that those nukes are secure.

Ardi update. The Discovery Channel has a very cool and detailed interactive "handbook" to the discovery of Ardipithecus ramidus and what it all means. Check it out here.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Anne Gilbert said…
The fact that both India and Pakistan have bombs, has been botherimg me for some time. I mean, if one or the other of these countries decides to use them on the other, it could start. . . . well never mind. Iran hasn't even gotten far enough(apparently) to actually manufacture one! This is regardless of whoever is running Iran at the present, deplorable as they may be. So I don't understand why Hillary Clinton isn't equally concerned. After all, she's Secretary of State, and I'm not, so she might actually have some influence on the situation. I sure don't.

As for being an "anti-semite", hey, I know you're Jewish, but some people(not me, though), might try calling you a "self-hating Jew" or something equally silly, for these observations.
Michael Balter said…
Thanks for your comment, Anne.

And you're right, some apologists for Israel's brutal policies might call me a self-hating Jew, but you don't hear that intellectually dishonest phrase as much as you once did. Too many Jews are critical of Israel these days. As for me, I don't hate myself, I hate those Jewish leaders who have debased the values of Judaism in defense of the indefensible.
Anne Gilbert said…
Michael:

I'm glad you don't hear the "self-hating Jew" nonsenes so much any more, whan any Jew criticizes some Israeli government policies. I guess that's progress of a sort. But I sure don't like to see the Israeli government or any other government, for that matter, act in the inhumane and regressive way it has. That's not good Judaism(as I understand it), nor good Chritianity nor good much of anything else.
Anne G