Doo Wop Classics

I don't know about you, but I can't do a stitch of work unless there is music playing. There are lots of Doo Wop sites on the Web, but here is a particularly good one I found today:

http://www.doo-wopclassics.com/2007/02/chart.html

It's got a nice little player that cycles what its creators consider the 100 top Doo Wop classics, and for the most part I have to agree heartily with their judgement.

PS--The album cover pictured is from my favorite Doo Wop group, the Skyliners, probably known best for "Since I Don't Have You" and "This I Swear." But rock 'n' roll has a lot of unhappy stories, and one of them is that of lead singer Janet Vogel, who committed suicide in 1980 while she was still in her thirties.

More Doo Wop classics! At http://www.doo-wopclassics.com/2007/03/more-doo-wop-classics-songs-not.html

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Anne Gilbert said…
I can't work without music playing, either. But it has to be classical, not do-wap. Though I remember liking some of that do-wap stuff when my hair wasn't gray!
James Taylor said…
I grew up during the 40's and 50's saw many of the great Doo Wop and oldies groups and singers like Pat Boone, Connie Francis, Brook Benton at the State Theater in Hartford CT for about $1.00. The last show when they closed was Connie Francis, Brook Benton and it cost me $2.50.
I have a great website for Doo Wop and oldies and Rockabilly *they all link together) http://jimtaylorsworld.com (Jim Taylor's Doo Wop Heaven)
Stephen Glaser said…
Scott Stevens of the Cavaliers here.
Dance,Dance,Dance 1958. New Book
White Boy a Rock and Roll Story on Www.amaxon.com. Tells the story of 50's
Rock & Roll. one of the