"Words for the Wise" has launched, with a number of posts already online.

Statue of Wisdom, in front of Central Library, University of Sindh, Jamshoro
Fitrat69

 

I'm hoping that faithful readers of this blog will check out my new Substack newsletter, "Words for the Wise," which is now online with frequent posts covering a wide variety of subjects, from travel to science (even some poetry.) Recent posts have included a commentary on the debate over the "lab-leak" theory for the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and a look behind the scenes of post-war Vienna, which served as the backdrop for the moody film "The Third Man."

I'm hoping that the newsletter will serve as a forum both for me, who is increasingly and happily independent from mainstream media, and you, who are welcome to post comments on the posted topics.

The newsletter is open access and anyone can read it. However, I am hoping that readers will support this work, and the daily reporting behind it, by considering a sustaining subscription. That can be $50/year or $5/month, and you can cancel any time. I am also offering a 60 day free sub so you can get the newsletter in your email inbox for that time before deciding if you want to pay.

Most importantly, if you like the newsletter, please share it with your friends and colleagues!

Balter's Blog is not going away, however. It will continue to be the venue for most of my #MeToo reporting, including updates on the Kurin v. Balter defamation suit.

So, I look forward to hearing from you either here, there, or both.


Post a Comment

0 Comments